Umm…So what really happened? Stay with me and you’ll know it all. Let’s dive in.
Hey Folks, how you're all doing?
Those who follow me here on Medium, Twitter, or LinkedIn might know it’s been months since I have published anything. It was in Feb I published my last article. I wasn't active on any platform. I received many messages from you guys.
So coming to the point, what actually happened…..
In this digital age, we all have easy access to cheap dopamine with new apps, websites, Ads, and content popping up every now and then it has become really difficult to stay focused on your own life. Today, we’re all always busy with something or the other pushing our limits to reach deadlines without even realizing the impact it’ll have on our mental and physical health.
It was in the month of Feb this year that I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. my heart rate was up all the time and I couldn't sleep at night at all. soon after that, I started getting panic attacks.
My mind cooked up stories and created a fear-like situation all the time. like what if this happened? after a few days. I consulted a psychiatrist but it wasn’t of much help because all he did was to put me on antidepressants and tranquilizers. Drugs that help relax your nervous system and make you fall asleep.
I was hesitant to start the medication because these are habit-forming drugs. The thing that helped me heal was observing myself, the patterns( like sleep), body efficiency, and the kind of thoughts I have, mostly when I’m alone.
Mental health is so important and is often discussed by many today on the internet. but sometimes it’s so subtle that you don't even know you’re diseased.
After suffering from anxiety disorder and getting completely cured.
Here are the 5 things you must do if you are diagnosed with anxiety disorder —
- Case 1 — If you’re suffering from severe anxiety — set up an appointment with a psychiatrist, taking up Counseling is the first step in knowing how severe your case is. if it’s severe go as your doctor says. take medications etc.
- Case 2- If your situation is not that severe. you can treat yourself if you observe yourself closely, your thoughts, mainly what type of thoughts provoke anxiety in you. track all of it. and slowly work on yourself to change the existing thought pattern. you need a dose of positivity in your life. do things that you enjoy. include meditation, reading good books, and spending some time with your family and friends. anything that makes you happy.
- Try to limit your contact with people who make you feel uncomfortable or anxious. (Minimize your internet usage).
- And the basics again, take good care of what you put inside your body, eat well. and include brisk walking in your daily schedule.
- Lastly, have faith in God. (Never isolate yourself).
I have had so many plans at the start of this year. but they say Man proposes and god disposes. but I’m sure things will work out when the right time arrives. Ending with a positive note.
Life isn't meant to be easy, it’s meant to be lived…sometimes happy, other times rough. But with every up and down you learn lessons that make your strong.! :)
Stay happy, keep smiling, and take care.
Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to never miss a story.